5th Avenue Theatre
Location & Contact:
Visit our website
Since 1926, the magnificent 5th Avenue Theatre has captivated audiences with music, drama and laughter. In the early days, people eagerly lined up for first-class vaudeville shows, featuring top entertainers. The Theatre later transformed itself into a popular movie palace. The 5th fell on hard times in the late 70's, but fortunately, was saved from a wrecking ball by a visionary group of businesses and community leaders. Following a spectacular $2.6-million renovation, the theatre re-opened in 1980, more beautiful than ever.
Today, we proudly produce top-quality musical revivals, premieres of bound-for-Broadway shows, and present touring Broadway musicals. We also host a variety of special events, and offer a number of education and outreach programs to school-age children and adults.
* The 5th brings approximately 150 live musical performances to the stage each year
* Annually, we attract over 200,000 patrons from the Pacific Northwest, across the U.S., and around the world
* Were the largest theatre employer in the Puget Sound region, annually employing up to 600 actors, musicians, directors, choreographers, designers, technicians, stage hands, box office staff, and administrators
* During each performance, 30 to 50 people are working behind the scenes
* Our education and outreach programs serve more than 61,000 students, professional performers, and audiences each year
Cash, Credit, Debit