The Triple Door
Location & Contact:
216 Union St
Seattle , WA 98101
Visit our website
Located in downtown Seattle, across from Benaroya Hall on Union Street, the Triple Door combines world-class entertainment with the award;d winning food and wine of Wild Ginger. Our main-stage features touring national acts and our musicquarium lounge is one of Seattle's best destinations for happy hour and local music.
The historic Mann building that houses The Triple Door was originally home to the Embassy Theatre, a vaudeville house that opened in 1926. Built by the Mann and Gallatly families from Wenatchee, the theatre quickly transitioned to films as public tastes began to change in the late 1920s.
The theatre remained one of the premier movie houses in Seattle for the next 30 years, but by the early 1960s the grand days of the Embassy had come to an end. It struggled to hold its own as an A list theatre, but managed to stay on as a blue movie and burlesque house until it closed for good in 1983.
Rick and Ann Yoder bought the historic building from Dave Gallatly in 1999 with plans to build a music and dinner theatre in the old Embassy. In the fall of 2002, renovation began with a simple goal: an intimate, comfortable space that would connect performers to their audience. Every effort was taken to preserve the ornate qualities of the old theatre, such as the original stage proscenium and ceiling fixtures. Rich fabrics, plush seating, and state of the art sound would complete the renovation, transforming the grand old space for a new generation of entertainment.
The essential idea behind The triple Door is this: provide the best in sound, lighting, atmosphere and hospitality, and you maximize the opportunity to make something real and alive happen between artist and audience. Join us to venture beyond the familiar, to share in the thrill of discovery.